SCHS Student Handbook
Library Media Center
The Springfield Central High School Library Media Center provides service for the needs of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage active study and exploration of all the resources in the library. Our mission is to support the curriculum of Springfield Central High School. To do so, we attempt to provide access to current, adequate, and appropriate information resources. We offer the opportunity for students, teachers, and staff members to become effective users of ideas and information. The library media center includes a career center, audiovisual materials, and extensive networked computer resources. If you need help, please ask. Please respect the needs of others and follow the rules below. Thank you for your assistance. We hope to see you often!
Wednesday & Thursday - 7:30 am - 3:10 pm
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday - 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Provide instruction and help in the use of library information, materials, and equipment.
- Provide a quiet, attractive, and friendly place for reading, research, and study.
- Provide help and resources for assignments and personal information needs.
- Provide recreational books, information, and materials.
- Purchase books, materials, and equipment to support Springfield Central High School’s educational goals.
- Regular book check out period is two weeks. (Exception – selected reference books may circulate overnight by permission and must be returned before 8:00 a.m. the following day).
- You may have a total of two items checked out at the same time.
- Student ID’s are necessary in order to check out materials.
- Periodicals are available and may be checked out for a period of three days.
- If you have an overdue book you may not check out any library materials.
- Students will be referred to their assistant principal if overdue books are not returned after a second notice is received.
- Students will not receive their final report card until any or all library obligations are met.
- All lost items must be paid for.
- Please allow time to check out. If you wait until the last minute you may be late to class.
- Pass through the entry way in an orderly manner and lower your voice.
- Present your pass at the circulation desk and sign in.
- Speak quietly and behave in a manner consistent with study.
- No backpacks, gum, candy, food or drinks (including water bottles) are allowed. No exceptions.
- Students may use the library during third lunch period with a pass from an Administrator.
- Please sign in at the front desk upon arrival and sign out to go to your next class.
- During activity period 25 places are reserved for student use.
- Students will make a reservation with the librarians no later than 7:40 a.m. the day of the activity period.
- Student with activity period reservations will have a pass. They should report to homeroom first and then to the library when the announcement is made to pass to the activity. They must follow the rules and procedures for sign in and usage and will remain in the library for the entire period.
- Homeroom teachers will be notified that the student is in the library.
- Only librarian passes will be accepted.
Computer Usage in the Library Media Center
- Students are expected to follow all school and district rules regarding computer usage.
- Time will be limited during high occupancy.
- Please do not print pictures.
Dive in to all that Central has to to offer
Get involved by learning more about each department.