SCHS Student Handbook
Policy for Identifications Badges (ID)
September 16, 2013 - Deadline for all students to have a school ID
In order to promote a safer and more secure school environment for students, staff, and lawful visitors, including student guests, all students shall clearly and conspicuously display a student I.D. card at all times during school hours, on school buses, on school property, and at all school- sponsored activities.
Students must purchase lanyards to display the I.D. cards. It is the expectation that the lanyards shall be worn at all times and be clearly visible.
Beginning 2011-2012, school I.D.'s will be needed for purchasing any tickets for activities, i.e. field trips, proms. Also your I.D will be needed for purchasing snacks and attending sporting events.
Students who do not have a valid student I.D. card visibly on their person will have school services restricted, including, but not limited to:
- Utilization of the library
- Snack line
- Extra-Curricular Activities (persons will be charged as adults)
- No Hall Passes will be issued without a valid I.D.
No restrictions shall be imposed upon emergency health-related, I.E.P. and/or 504 plan services.
- Prior to entering the building, students who do not have a valid student I.D. card visibly on their person shall report to the main office and be issued a temporary student I.D. sticker. The temporary I.D. sticker design will be consistent district wide. A valid temporary I.D. sticker can only be dated for a single calendar day and must be signed by an authorized school official. The temporary ID must be worn above the waist and on the front of the student's uniform shirt.
- I.D. temporary fee will be $1.00. Students who accumulate more than $10.00 in temporary ID fees must settle their outstanding debt or will be subject to disciplinary consequences. Balances of more than $10.00 may also be subject to a $5.00 I.D. replacement fee in addition to the original balance and a new I.D. will be issued.
- Students participating in a school program away from their assigned school on a short-term basis will use their assigned school I.D.
- A student who does not produce a valid student I.D. card within twenty-four (24) hours (excluding excused absences) of being issued a temporary student I.D. card shall be subject to administrative discipline.
Administrative discipline for not producing a valid student I.D. card shall include:
- Office detention for the first offense during a semester
- Thursday Night Extended Detention
- In-house suspension
- External Suspension
Uses of Identification Cards
- To ride Charter and PVTA buses
- To identify all Springfield Central High School community members
- To participate in school activities – i.e.: Chess Club, Variety Shows, Key Club, Dances, Field Trips,
- Admission at reduced price to extracurricular events – i.e. basketball or football games
- To sign in at tardy desk
- To secure all passes - no exceptions
- To check out books in library
- To buy school lunch
- To purchase food from the snack line
The ID's are the students' personal responsibility. I.D's are not to be used by anyone other than the student to whom it is issued. Violation will result in disciplinary action.
A student will be assessed a charge of $5.00 to cover the cost of replacing a student ID card. If a student ID is lost, the student must purchase an ID in the main office. The price for a new ID is $5.00. If a student's ID is broken or the picture is not visible through normal wear, the replacement price is $1.00. If a PVTA ID is lost, a replacement fee of $10.00 will be assessed.
Dive in to all that Central has to to offer
Get involved by learning more about each department.