English Language Learner (ELL) Department
All limited-English-proficient (LEP) students will acquire the English skills necessary for academic achievement and ultimately for success in a global, multicultural, and multilingual society.
To facilitate the success of language-minority students; the following goals have been established for the LEP students:
- Goal 1: To enable LEP students to become competent in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehending the English language
- Goal 2: To provide the instructional support needed for LEP students to master the English language and reading, writing, speaking, and listening in all academic domains to facilitate participation in the general education program as quickly as possible
- Goal 3: To promote effective strategies for LEP students as an integral part of their academic program
- Goal 4: To set high expectations for all language-minority students, and
- Goal 5: To place value on the native language and culture of all students
Dive in to all that Central has to to offer
Get involved by learning more about each department.